Saturday, October 1, 2011

Dinner Post

I haven't posted one of my culinary creations in a while, so here we go.

I was talking to a friend about her "Spanish Rice" and I thought hey, I feel like something "Spanish." So, taking my knowledge of cooking I decided to do a rice with a sofrito base and grill some chicken. Here we go, this was the perfect amount of food for 2 adults and a hungry 2 year old.

Sofrito:
1 onion
1 green pepper
1 tomato
1/2 red pepper
diced

1/2 head of garlic
minced

Combine all in a large bowl and set aside.

Take about 1/8 of the mixture and place it in a blender with a small bunch of parsley, a large splash of red wine vinegar, smaller splash of lemon juice, and some olive oil. Add cumin, paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper to taste and puree. Marinade 2 chicken breasts in this mix for at least an hour.

In a pot, sweat the rest of the sofrito mix, add the same spices from above to taste (don't be shy). Add 3/4c brown rice, stir to coat. Pour in water and bring to a boil. When pot boils turn the heat to low, stir once, put on a lid and walk away for 45 minutes. (DON'T TOUCH IT AT ALL, NO PEEKING, NO STIRRING)

45 minutes later
Grill your chicken, slice, and serve over the rice in a bowl.

OMNOMNOM

Take the

No comments:

Post a Comment