Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Happy Tuesday

Ok here it is, I've never come right out and said it but I suppose those of you who 'know' me have suspected it. I'm just not a happy guy. There I said it, what a load off. This chain of thought was disrupted by a random text message grr...oh ya, so basically the world and the people in it really just bum me out. People are stupid and excitiable, selfish and lazy. Honestly it's really quite frustrating. So, in order to cope I turned myself into more of a product then a person. This is an interesting statement in our current "Brand Yourself" culture. So let's look at the brand of me, Sal G (Shouting About Life Guy).

Sal G is the guy you call when you need a favor, he'll almost always say yes and bail you out and do something. Sal G has no problems ever in his life, this statement isn't true but as far as you know it is because Sal G has learned that the people around him probably don't really care about his problems, his job is to solve theirs. Sal G rely's on no one, but, allows anyone who needs him to to rely on him. Usually this is not an issue for Sal, but lately it really really is.

I've come to a place in my 31 years where I realize that I can't be a product, I need to be a person...I just really don't know how. I had a very awkward situation on Sunday, a 'friend' offered me condolences on the passing of Addie...I had no idea how to respond. I'm not use to being Shawn, I'm use to being Sal, Sal doesn't need condolences because life is never about Sal. The look in the persons eyes as I stammered out a response spoke volumes...I'm bad at being a real person...but I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment